Thursday, September 8, 2011

Food for the Soul: Green Monster

I just made my first green monster. It's a delicious smoothie invented by Angela of Oh She Glows, and it's so easy to do. Go read the story of how she came to invent her green monster. It's really inspirational!

Small Green Monster, by Amanda James

Here's the basic formula that I follow:
a couple handfuls of spinach (you can't taste it; don't worry!)
thickener: frozen bananas, ice, yogurt
liquid: milk/soy milk/almond milk/juice

optional additions:
protein: nut butter, seeds, protein powder
additional flavors: frozen fruits, chocolate, honey

I use the measurements on my blender to help me guess how much I'm making and then add thickeners or liquids to get the consistency I want.


Small Green Monster, by Amanda James


I've been making smoothies for a while, but never thought to add spinach. What a great way to care for yourself! Sometimes caring for ourselves simply means eating food that will make us feel good on the inside and glow on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...