|The Dance, by Esti of Pintameldia|
There's a beautiful paper called "Dancing in God: The Relevance of Ritual for Conceiving the Divine Today," by Curtis Thompson on the University of Chicago's Religion and Web Culture Forum page.
The challenges, as Thompson sees them:
- to address daily practices often considered unreligious
- to confront dis-ease with being embodied, i.e., translate the divine back into nature
The modalities of dancing:
- pantheism's dancing heart: the dancer affirms God's presence in everything
- panentheism's dancing mind: the dancer affirms God's transcendental embodiment, interdependent from the world
- pantranentheism's dancing soul: the dancer affirms God's transformational presence and her partnership with God
- "To allow the dancing heart and the dancing mind and the dancing soul to coalesce in a full-bodied dancing in God is to join in the sacred dance of the cosmos."
|The Tree Inside Her, by Esti of Pintameldia|
Read the article for all the juicy details. This summary is simply meant to inspire an attitude of frolicking, leaping, and generally joyful living!