Thursday, November 29, 2012

My Root Tarot


For someone so happy to indulge in different forms of worship/being, I have come lately to the tarot. My first introduction to it was through Robertson Davies' Rebel Angel trilogy and then more directly Italo Calvino's Castle of Crossed Destinies, both of which I loved. I loved that these tarot cards were used in an open, creative way that yielded a multiplicity of stories. This is still how I see the tarot, less as a direct answer to a question, and more as a language of symbols that might break through our analytic overly sure minds.

My root tarot card, as you saw above is the high priestess. I've been learning a lot about her, and myself in the process. These days, this learning process is about opening and listening, rather than deciding that something is True.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...