Sunday, October 16, 2011

Personal Myth: Creation

As you may have noticed, I'm working on a personal myth project. The idea is to write and draw a sort of true-fiction that reflects how I engage with the world. This may sound super new-agey, but consider a great book like Cosmicomics by Italo Calvino or even the great Star Wars. I really respect artists who take universal questions and engage with them in their own way.

Anyway, my project started with a series of four mandala-style drawings and an illuminated text to go with each. I've been calling the four themes "creation," "animals," "humans," and "heart." 


In "creation," I try to think about what the creation of the world means to me. I was inspired a bit by the philosophy of Gilles Deleuze and my husband's explanation of scientific theories. 

Creation, by the Dancing Alchemist

Creation, by the Dancing Alchemist


If you had to re-tell the story of creation, how would you tell it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...