Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Joy of Pies

Join me in celebrating my birthday with a slice of pie today!

Have you seen the movie Waitress? If you have then you may understand why pies have become symbol of joy and fairy tale endings for me. If you haven't seen it, you should definitely check it out! (And if you get the DVD, you can get pie recipes, too!!)

Keri Russell and Andy Griffith, via the New York Times

Part of what made the movie so lovely was that Jenna (Kerri Russel's character) expressed herself through her pies. There was the "falling in love chocolate mousse pie" and the "naughty pumpkin pie," for example.

"I can't have no affair because it's wrong and Earl would kill me pie"
vanilla custard with banana . . . hold the banana
via Girl in the Afternoon

Coming up to the big 3-0, I'm looking back over the year with some pride and joy for how my life has grown: I've worked on my personal myth project, I've gotten a new job that I'm really excited about, and I've started this blog. I've also had another fairy tale year with my husband. Life is good.

If I made a pie, it would be the "a dream is a wish your heart makes" pie, and it would probably involve a raspberry and strawberry filling topped with honey-flavored meringue.

What about you? What would your pie be?

via Delicious Magazine UK



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...