Wednesday, August 24, 2011

How to Wander

Creating a life can be hard. Especially when there's no set vocational path. It can feel like you're wandering out in the wilderness.

by Alyssa Nassner

(The personal element: I'm trying to grow in the beautiful world of language preservation. It's rewarding and challenging work, but sometimes I see all the monsters out there in the wilderness--all the problems and politics--and think that I should have chosen another path. Something that makes more money. Something that doesn't leave me feeling quite so exhausted.)

I used to think that being wise meant seeing everything clearly. But lately I've been thinking that wisdom sometimes means exchanging clear sight for stubborn tunnel vision. If there's scary monsters out there, don't see the monsters. Just diligently pursue the path.

Rainbow Circle by Animalsleep

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...