Thursday, August 11, 2011

Future Fictions

Thumbelina, by Maxwell Armfield

My husband is one of those people who innately plans and dreams for the future. It's something I've always admired about him. I'm more of a minute-by-minute kind of gal, and as fun as that is, I'm sometimes left wondering where the time has gone.

I do believe that dreaming and imagining the future is one of the best ways to be an active participant in your life. When I visualize what a successful day looks like, I find that I'm happier at the end of it. My successful day? It includes a nice walk with the dog, a short meditation, time being social, and of course, the feeling that I've been productive. What about you, dear reader? What makes a great day?

The Little Mermaid, by Maxwell Armfield


"The very least you can do in your life is figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance, but live right in it, under its roof."
   —Barbara Kingsolver

(Thanks to Yum & Yuk for the quotation.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...